Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

Ever had someone copy your style? How did you react? Personally my little sister copies me sometimes and I think it’s cute, but if it was anyone else I’m not sure I’d be okay with that. :|

posted over 9 years ago
1 2
irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

No one really attempts to dress like me because I change quite often. Also, not many people in my school, even the ~ stylish ~ ones, would really dare to go as far as I do with dressing.

-Daniel

posted about 9 years ago

hitomineko
Style_council
hitomineko

dont remember.. but i wouldn’t like it… if it’s similiar style only i guess ok, but if it’s the same clothing. then no!

posted about 9 years ago

heartandsole95
Style_council
heartandsole95

If someone takes inspiration from you or buys a couple things the same as you its flattering, but it gets annoying if they do everything you do or are being competitive with you for no reason

posted about 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

idk i guess i’m just iffy about the whole situation, i would really hate it if someone copied exactly what i wore, you should always put your own twist to your outfit

posted about 9 years ago

WildCatt
Style_council
WildCatt

With all the trends being trends, and there being similar styles in fashion magazines, online, etc. you are bound to end up with someone dressed similarly to you.

posted about 9 years ago

Head2Heels
Style_council
Head2Heels

It does get annoying.

When I was in school, I started the lollipop trend, my friends used to find it funny and younger kids from the 2nd-3rd grade would come up and ask me why I was behaving like a kid! but within a week I would see half the school with lollipops in their mouths.

Same thing happened later. Hoop earring with little hearts in them became very popular in my country, and came in colors like red, blue and green (light and dark), yellow, pink, purple etc, and very very cheap too.. I was among the first to use them and soon everyone else was and to look different I started mixing hearts and wear pink and purple in one hoop and soon even that caught up, and once I lost my one blue heart so I wore a blue hoop/heart in one ear and a blur stud of the same shade in the other. When that got copied I just gave up and asked my dad to get me earring from the US. (I live in India)

Also the black nail polish trend. Not that I was the one to set it but I was into it 6 years ago before Paris and Lindsay Lohan were into it and my friends always criticized that it looked bad and silly. But now these same people wear it and act cool.

posted about 9 years ago

whoawhoaworld
Style_council
whoawhoaworld

I don’t have anyone that necessarily dresses like me since my style changes very often because…I just love being more versatile. I don’t know if that makes sense but I like being hip hoppy one minute and more boho the next. My fashion sense changes with my mood and what is going on in my life.
As for copy cats, I guess we are bound to encounter them, but what can you do? Fashion is everywhere and there are only so many styles people can take on.

posted about 9 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password