Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cassiepaige
Style_council
cassiepaige

Before my friends said I was like one of the guys, so they would invite me everywhere they’d go and I’d be the only girl. I didn’t really enjoy that as much. They’re too competitive for me!

posted about 10 years ago
foxyybran
Style_council
foxyybran

Most of my friends are guys, so I understand. I’m really simple about the way I think, and so I think I always get along with them better.

name_sake
Style_council
name_sake

guy friends are so much less drama than girl friends. Hanging out with the guys is always fun! But it can get odd when they do forget that your not jsut one of the guys!!

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I get where stealz_the_dealz is coming from. (By the way, want to go shopping sometime? haha) I think I have more girl than guy friends, but sometimes I think it’s an equal mix. With my guy friends, I’m almost a different person. I’m not flirty and gossipy, I just joke around like them. With my girls, I talk about fashion and boys and whatnot, but I’m still perverted and jokey. I just have an extra girly element that I turn on and off around certain people, because although my guy friends aren’t like, sporty meatheads, they don’t care too much about fashion. So why talk about something they don’t want to hear?

zyxwvu
Style_council
zyxwvu

I think literally all of my friends are guys. Except maybe 3. And those 3 arent even my close friends. I just get along better with guys. I personally love being one of the guys, they’re generally funnier and less bitchy. Im the only girl in my usual group of friends and they call me the alpha male ahha

posted almost 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’d prefer having all guy friends. I actually enjoy being “one of the guys,” they’re funnier, way less bitchy, and less competitive in a sense of social status, if you know what I mean. Basically they’re less likely to stab you in the back, even if they do forget your birthday or not notice a haircut. But hey, I’ve had “best friends” who were girls who forgot my birthday… ah, I’m going off topic now.

But I get what you’re saying. When you’re really just good friends, gender isn’t an issue!

crazeechinita
Style_council
crazeechinita

some of my guy friends tell me that same thing.. hahaha but it just means that you really mesh together and that you enjoy each others company.. =)

destin
Style_council
destin

i like guys better, cuz they’re funnier and nicer [usually]. And yeah, i know what you mean, w/ certain friends i have i don’t notice gender, just their personalities :))

railophone
Style_council
railophone

Guys are definitely way less drama. I’ve found they’re less likely to stab you in the back. (:
And seriously. Guys who share your interests are great to talk to and relate with.

Of course, I do have girl friends, but they’re deep rooted from academics and middle school. I know they won’t turn against me. <3

Arielgayle
Style_council
Arielgayle

Yeah, most of my friends are guys and they all treat me like ‘one of the guys’. My boyfriend doesn’t understand and thinks they all hit on me, whatever. Haha.

The girl friends I do have aren’t very close except for 2. That’s because girls are to dramatic and sassy with me and I get pissed easily.

Rachel_lynne
Style_council
Rachel_lynne

Yeah, I have a tight knit group of like 4 guys I love hanging out with. My best friend is a guy. haha I call him Gummie bear. :) Anyways, like I don’t typically talk about girl related topics with them buts thats fine. Everything is so less maintenance with them you know? I love being the only girl when we go places. haha Plus they love my style! Which always makes me feel good.

I do have 3 girl best friends. One of them and I are currently in a fight sooo I’ve been sticking with my boys lately. Most girls get mad at me. I don’t know. They typically don’t like my style or whatever. Of course my sister feeds me crap of “oooh they’re jealous.” So I stick with guys that actually like me. haha

justlikejudas
Style_council
justlikejudas

I prefer guy friends to girl friends, but I definitely do have best girl friends too! Especially when they think exactly like I do, haha!

I think it’s because most guys are less high-maintenance than girls, so they’re easier to get along with. They’re much more fun to hang around with because they’re less judgmental (or, at least, the ones I’ve run into!), so it makes it easier for you to be yourself around them.

Turpentina
Style_council
Turpentina

I have girl friends, but they are usually more like me in the sense that they usually hang out with guys more often. Girls tend to be very bitchy sometimes and as much as I love fashion, no one would ever guess I’m such a fashion geek and a clothes freak. I don’t brush my hair and I barely ever wear makeup. I guess that’s why guys tend to talk to me more than girls do…

crtl_z
Style_council
crtl_z

I know what you mean Turpentina.

It is easier to get along with guys than with girls. I feel that sometimes we judge more harshly of each other than what guys would.

themayflower
Style_council
themayflower

Yeah I agree. Since college started, I’ve only hung out with boys. They aren’t as judgmental and don’t have as much drama in their lives, which is something I can live without.

Julia154
Style_council
Julia154

I love having guy friends and everyting, but there are somethings that you just need to talk to a girl about, and I don’t just mean about womenly health things. Though having said that, I have two guy friends that I can have conversations with that I just couldn’t have with a girl. I’m not sure why, but I just couldn’t.

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I stick with guys. It’s so much easier…so i totally know what you mean. It sounds weird, but my best gay guy friend and i interact almost as if we just don’t have genders! We never worry about anything but having fun and being best buddies :) I have three girl friends, and only one that I’m truly close to, and she’s my cousin. I love her though, and we share everything in our lives…every girl needs that sort of relationship that you can hold fast to, no matter what changes in life…

posted over 9 years ago

fioreblume
Style_council
fioreblume

having guy friends are so much fun! they make life so simple. Almost no emotion. That’s what I like from guy. They never complain about their feeling. I rarely have problems with the guys like I had with the girls. hehehe..

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password