Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

I know they say that the best things in life aren’t “things”, but… what if material things make you happy? What if you gasp over some wedges or a high-waisted skirt? Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s important to love your family and friends more than fashion, and I do! But is it so bad to love “things”?

posted over 8 years ago
Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

It’s not too bad:). It’s bad when you get obsessed with… things and they become more important than everybody else, even than you! Don’t worry – this is a stage, it will pass:))

posted over 8 years ago

LoveItShop
Style_council
LoveItShop

hahaha… I love my closet too. It is normal. They are things you pick b/c you love them. It is better when they are not harming the environment though… so try to stick to buying thrifted, vintage, or eco fashions!

posted over 8 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Honestly, I do love quite a few material items. Of course, I love my favorite pair of shoes, my favorite dress, etc. but I find myself more attached to pieces that have sentimental value (like jewelry passed down from my mom).

…and I love my bed. That’s material, right? Haha :)

posted over 8 years ago

Abigail17
Style_council
Abigail17

yes, a bed is material. anyways, i’m glad ya’ll don’t think i’m crazy!

posted over 8 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

unless you approach life from a buddhist perspective…no, loving materials is absolutely natural and utterly human. For better or for worse, it makes our world go round…i suppose if we didn’t desire inanimate objects, communism would work, then everyone would be communist, and who seriously wants to be communist? lol

posted over 8 years ago

Kallenie
Style_council
Kallenie

I feel as long as you recognize that while things make you happy, they aren’t going to fill any voids or true emotional issues you’re golden. Things make you happy in a temporary sense.

posted over 8 years ago

juju_noodle85
Style_council
juju_noodle85

I love my clothes and they make me happy also. I think when people say that material things don’t bring you happiness they mean the things your not passionate about. I mean every girl here has a passion for clothes and fashion. Clothes are our hobbies and jobs so it really does bring us happiness because it’s calling in life.

posted over 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

A few weeks ago I saw a sign that said “Love people and use things, not love things and use people.” I do agree with this, but I don’t think that loving things is completely bad, I love a lot of my clothes/shoes etc haha! It’s bad when you become completely obsessed with things and can’t live without them, or if you prefer your things over relationships with other people, stuff like that :P Completely agree with what @Kallenie said!!

posted over 8 years ago

vrod
Style_council
vrod

I think it would be ok to love you things,just as long as you don’t become obsessed!! There wea a line in a movie I once saw.The situation was a bit different, but the principle is the same. If you love your possesions will they love you back !!!!!!!!!

posted over 8 years ago

soupsoua
New_user soupsoua is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When soupsoua reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
soupsoua

Of course not. It’s better to love… than to hate. Let the love consume you, darling. :D

I LOVE pjs and will never give them up… even though they’re pretty old… Oh, and I also still have my teddy bears from when I was only 7! And i’m already 22. :D

posted over 8 years ago

IssaBelleBoutique
Style_council
IssaBelleBou...

it’s not bad , you don’t hate, so it’s not a negative feeling. it makes u happy and smile , and you are not hurting anybody.. so why it should be bad? don’t worry we all love things..but we also love people. it’s just natural.

posted almost 7 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Material things make me feel so happy! It’s so bad but I don’t care!

posted almost 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password