Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
taralily
Style_council
taralily

Sometimes on simple days out with my friends and boyfriend I like to dress up a little (don’t we all?) I don’t mean over the top dressy but definitely not ordinary lazy days. But do you ever feel a bit overdressed when going out with people, especially if they’re just wearing jeans and t-shirts? I do get nice compliments from them but I can’t help but feel a little self-conscious sometimes.

posted over 9 years ago
JPB
Style_council
JPB

yes, sometimes i feel overdressed when i go out with friends, but i also think that it’s good to look nice wherever you go. and if i’m going out with my boyfriend, i tell him to dress nice if i’m dressing nice.

posted over 9 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

i’m usually the most dressed up out of my friends, family, and when I’m with my boyfriend. I don’t think its a bad thing, and I get compliments. I just learned (after all these years) that I would rather be happy and overdressed then feel plain and underdressed :D

posted over 9 years ago

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

Pretty much always!

posted over 9 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i don’t feel silly when i dress up a lot anymore. i like the compliments i get from strangers :)

posted over 9 years ago

staystitching
Style_council
staystitching

Hey, I believe you should dress as you please! :] If you feel like wearing heels wear them. If you feel like wearing sweats go for it

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Yeah sometimes I feel a bit overdressed but I guess it’s better than being underdressed! It’s good to stand out! As long as the clothes you’re wearing are comfortable and suited enough to the occasion (like if you were wearing stilettos and a bodycon dress to a movie night at someone’s house then maybe that’s a bit too overdressed :P ) then it’s all good!

posted over 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I always overdress lol. Walking to my friends ONLY to study, I wore this: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/265259-bam-purple-ransom-shirt-white-k-too-skirt-white-hot-topic-boots-silver-necklac

Only me, right? XD

posted over 9 years ago

EvaLavender
Style_council
EvaLavender

Eh, sometimes. But then I just think to myself “YOU LOOK GREAT. GET OVER IT.” haha

But seriously, if you know you look amazing it shouldn’t matter if you’re a little over dressed

posted over 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

yeah i do feel overdressed sometimes but as long as i feel comforatble
but sometimes i will dress down just because who im going out with

posted about 9 years ago

headintheclouds
Style_council
headintheclouds

I think that we have the right to feel fabulous wherever we go, and if that means being more dressed up than everyone else, so be it!

posted about 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Yeah, there’s definitely those times. But frankly, anyone that takes the way that anyone else dresses too seriously needs to back off. If you’re not wearing it, what does it matter?

posted about 9 years ago

Bennie52491
Style_council
Bennie52491

My friend and I have different taste in clothes. She is more laid back so I don’t feel overdressed I just know that we just have different ways of dressing

posted about 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

yeah, i feel that way. but i bought those clothes and i’m gonna use them. i can’t help it if no one else around here wants to dress in that manner.

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password