Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
caitiecross
New_user caitiecross is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When caitiecross reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
caitiecross

Although I am quite young I’ve struggled with acne for a good chunk of my life, and I’m talking very severe cystic acne. I’ve tried many products and have gone to my dermatologist in the past. Finally I have clear skin today, while just managing those once-in-a-while pimples or zits that pop up every now and then.
I know that there are a lot of teens and even adults that struggle with acne, and I just wanted to start this topic to help those of you possibly try new products, figure out what could be causing the problems, giving advice… Or just sharing the common struggles between people going through the same thing or people like myself who have gone through it first hand (:

posted about 7 years ago
ginanicolette
Style_council
ginanicolette

I don’t have really bad acne, I just have sensitive skin so it is hard for me to find a good acne product. Usually I have to get a prescription. Differin was what the dermatologist prescribed me and it seemed to work pretty well

posted about 7 years ago

misskon
New_user misskon is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When misskon reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
misskon

Great thread, caitiecross!

I, for one, had severe acne in teens and have been coping with it, one way or another, up till now, late-20s. Back then, penniless me tried various off-the-counter medications/lotions/gels which all didn’t work. Eventually I went to see a skin doctor who put me on doxycycline, clindamycin, differin. It worked – I was on it for maybe 1.5, 2 years.

Then after around 2 years off it, my pimples came back, with less of a vengence though. Now I’m on the pill and they are no longer popping through. But I’m left with the scars of my youth, literally speaking :D

posted about 7 years ago

caitiecross
New_user caitiecross is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When caitiecross reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
caitiecross

I was also on differin for a while, in combination with Doxycycline. Didn’t work out for me. After going on a different medication prescribed by my dermatologist, took about a little over a year and all of my acne was gone. Haven’t had a bad breakout, and it’s been almost a year since then. (: Guess different things work for different people!

posted about 7 years ago

BravoCoconut
New_user BravoCoconut is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When BravoCoconut reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
BravoCoconut

I’m sorry to hear that you have been plagued with such a horrible condition. I’m seventeen years old, so naturally I’m used to waking up to pimples. However, I’ve had fairly clear skin most of my life. I can only recommend seeing a dermatologist, because they’re trained in this sort of subject matter.

posted about 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password