SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I’m trying to loose about 10 pounds before summer. So I have 2 months. Anyone has any diet tips that doesn’t involve eating salads everyday? I’m also curious to know what worked for different people. All the Style Gallery girls are so thin! Are you naturally thin? (like Bethany Franco), or do you diet and eat salads everyday?

posted over 8 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m not model-thin but by average standards I’m slim. I have good genes, but I still see a big difference if I don’t put the right things in my body. I agree with hellotampon that healthy eating is an overall lifestyle choice, not a “diet” you just do for a few months— but also you don’t have to deprive yourself to be healthy! I can’t imagine eating just salads every day; I would go bored out of my mind. I eat a variety of healthy foods— but I eat my share of junk, too. Most days I have a bag of chips and a dessert, and I don’t feel guilty for occasionally overindulging because I know my daily habits are healthy enough that in the big picture a little slip-up now and then doesn’t matter.

It’s just important to go for healthy things first. At meals eat lots of veggies and/or fruit (full of water so you’re full!) and complex carbs like brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, etc so you’re not hungry for junk afterward. Make sure you get enough protein (whether you get it in animal or non-animal products) to keep your energy up so you don’t crash. And when it comes to snacking, one of my favorite tricks is to keep lots of easy-to-grab healthy snacks (whole fruit, a baggie of granola cereal trail mix, etc) while the junk is hidden away. When you’re hungry, you’ll see the healthy things and crave them instead of junk.

I also recommend cooking for yourself if you are able, because you can see exactly what you are putting in your body. Use fresh ingredients when you can, since they’re not only better for you, but much more delicious! Personally I spend most of my time in any grocery store in the produce section and don’t rely on prepackaged foods very often.

posted over 8 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

Other people seem to have the most of what you should do, but one thing I would recommend is giving up or greatly decreasing something you eat or drink often that is sugary or fatty. I gave up pop last year and I lost about 5 lbs without even trying in the course of a month or two.
Don’t try and give something up completely, because you will indulge and have more than you would have otherwise. Have it only at parties or when you are out. Some suggestions are fast food, candy, frozen foods, and chips.
Another thing to watch out for is healthy snacks. While they are healthy, you have to abide by the serving size. If you eat granola bars, cereal bars, or similar snacks, you should only have one. They are usually tiny so people will have one, but they’re still hungry so they grab something else to eat. The 150 calories from the healthy snack food is still 150 calories.

posted over 8 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

flush your system out with vegetables and water and tea (without sugar). make sure to eat lots of small means and constantly and exercise too! soy crisps are also awesome you can eat 17 and that’s only 120 cals.

posted over 8 years ago

SecretB5StopsAcne
Style_council
SecretB5Stop...

My weight loss program involves eating a healthy balanced diet comprising plenty of fruit, fresh vegetables, starchy foods, and eliminating as much sugar, and fat as possible, as well as endeavoring to become more physically active. If your metabolism is slow, then the best way to speed up your metabolism is by increasing meal frequency. Instead of eating 2 – 3 meals per day, try eating 4 – 5 small meals per day, or 3 meals and 2 healthy snack meals. Food substitutions can help tremendously when trying to reduce calories and speed up the metabolism.

posted over 8 years ago

NancetteImage
Style_council
NancetteImage

Salads are definitely not my thing! I do try to do some sort of exercise at least 5 days a week and I think that helps a lot to keep weight down and energy up. I will say though, my husband found out a year or so ago that he has high cholesterol (he is 27 it’s insane!) so we started eating totally vegetarian, organic and unprocessed when we are at home. We try to follow that at restaurants too but it’s harder. I am always conscious of correct portion sizes. I have a food scale at home (you can get one at any grocery store or cooking supply place) to correctly prepare portions. I also never completely deprive myself. I mean if I am crazy craving something I just eat it. As long as it isn’t everyday I let myself have those sporadic indulgences. Home this helps. :)

posted over 8 years ago

arden
Style_council
arden

I lost weight when i stopped snacking on weeknights after 830pm, I’d say that’s a fine way to lose weight. I personally don’t worry about how big my meals are unless what i’m eating is not very healthy.
3 rules i follow with my meals:
> make sure theres some veggies and fruits/colorful plate
> eat as much as you want
> its different from the other meals i’ve had that day

Perfect lunchtime meal according to meee:
Organic Chick pea Salad w/ lemon juice
2 slices of Multigrain bread with tomatoes and arugula and dijon mustard/balsamic vinaigrette inside (basically a salad sandwhich)
2 clementines
flax seed tortilla chips w/ babaganoush dip
green tea
and then maybe some semi sweet chocolate for dessert… mmmm

posted over 8 years ago

zerofussinfo
Style_council
zerofussinfo

I’m naturally thin. I’m not vegetarian, I just like fruits and raw vegetables a lot, and I don’t have much appetite for meat. I also eat cakes and chocolates regularly. Still, my weight remained the same for the last 10 years. I like my body but I don’t mind gaining 4-5 pounds more.

posted over 8 years ago

Love_Jones
Style_council
Love_Jones

go on a juice diet….always works

posted over 8 years ago

twopatentpumps
Style_council
twopatentpumps

read the T-factor diet book! it will change your life! and not only is it a diet it also becomes a lifestyle then you would just have to adjust your calorie intake and exercise accordingly so you maintain your weight.. you’ll never want to eat junk or pig out again

posted over 8 years ago

LestaLatin
Style_council
LestaLatin

I used to be the “not-thin” girl before. my BMI was overweight. but I so much love to eat. I prefer to do some exercise and more outdoor activities. choose the meal, reduce the greasy things. take a good fat such as avocado and olive oil. do not forget to consume fruits and vege at least 5 time a day. really give a bulk on your belly so you feel full enough. exercise exercise. do running or walking or just dancing. it’s really works !!

posted over 8 years ago

hipsandthighs
New_user hipsandthighs is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When hipsandthighs reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
hipsandthighs

10lb in two months is not much to ask but you have to actually do what it take which is proper diet and exercise. Spending at lot of hours doing cardio is NOT the way to go. There are a lot of great workout programs out there but when I just stop taking in empty caloreis from soda and alcohol it made a big difference. Also keep take of what you eat by keeping a journal that makes you more accountable for the what and how much you eat.

posted over 8 years ago

rochyyyroch
New_user rochyyyroch is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rochyyyroch reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rochyyyroch

I tried different ways already but i never succeed! haha! I’m still fat now, as you can see on my Photo, haha! I think that, Discipline is the most important thing!!! :)

posted over 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password