Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  dairy freevegan
zayde
Style_council
zayde

I started going vegan about a year ago and I absolutely love it!! I love animals and I’m also very overweight – veganism is great for ethical reasons, and the only way of eating that has ever helped me drop weight… I’m down 30 lbs and my cholesterol is ridiculously low – I was also borderline anemic for a couple of years and now my iron is in the normal range…
Who else out there is a vegan? Why did you become one?

posted over 6 years ago
Unsocialite
Style_council
Unsocialite

I am transitioning into veganism—I went vegan for three weeks after watching a documentary about the factory farming, egg, and dairy industries. I’m now trying to take a more gradual approach (pizza is so hard to find!). About a year before that, I was vegetarian for three years.

Basically, I find it difficult to support such cruel industries. The healthy aspect is a great side-effect as well as the weight maintenance. This time around, I’m trying to focus on healthy vegan recipes instead of sticking with oreos and frozen banana ice cream.

posted over 6 years ago

queenodelia
Style_council
queenodelia

No im not :D

posted over 6 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I was vegan for a little over a year. It’s hard to maintain long-term-there’s just a lot of vitamins and stuff that are hard to get through vegan food (though definitely possible). I’m most scared of Omega fat deficiency, it kills your brain cells. So I started eating fish and eat eggs and cheese in moderation.

posted over 6 years ago

kristenseee
New_user kristenseee is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kristenseee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kristenseee

Nope, but there’s nothing wrong with being a vegan.

posted about 6 years ago

StylisticallyAcc
Style_council
Stylisticall...

I’m a vegetarian (I don’t eat anything that has a heart), but some days I eat no dairy or eggs! Props to all you vegans, I can’t get myself to stop eating cheese but I really should!

posted about 6 years ago

lucinacarter
New_user lucinacarter is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When lucinacarter reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lucinacarter

I am a vegan in spirit, minus the dairy indulgences (milk only), but do not consume eggs or other poultry products.

posted about 6 years ago

Fran123
Style_council
Fran123

Nope,I’m sorry but how can you resist hamburgers with ketchup and pickles? It’s like a summer must eat for me.

posted about 6 years ago

Fran123
Style_council
Fran123

I’m happy you lost weight my mom has the same cholesterol issue :( so she stopped eating red meat herself. I on the other hand eat red meat with the same issue of cholesterol :/ it’s just too good to resist. But I hope you keep watch on your cholesterol and iron, iron can be lacked when no red meat is being absorbed. Stay healthy :)

posted about 6 years ago

Dinolaura
Style_council
Dinolaura

Nope! I definitely wouldn’t be able to stop eating eggs and dairy products, haha.

posted about 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password